Une nouvelle Morgan, l'EvaGT

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Re: Une nouvelle Morgan, l'EvaGT

Message par Corsugone » 06 juin 2012 16:45

Les nouvelles de Mai, courrier de l'usine à un client sacrément patient.

Dear X

Since we communicated with you last, progress on the EvaGT project has been moving along rapidly in several areas:

Chassis Development:

An innovative and elegant chassis structure has been developed with detail design currently underway. This chassis has been developed to withstand current and future global crash test requirements. Also, the chassis structure allows it to be easily transferred between vehicles, offering both a two and a four seat platform made out of either Magnesium (as reported previously, offering a 30% weight saving compared to Aluminium) or Aluminium (still a lightweight solution, but more cost effective).

Material Properties:

Extensive material testing has been undertaken with some very interesting results. A favoured Magnesium alloy has been selected and we are now ready to move into the first crash test simulation programme. These initial simulation results will be invaluable in the detailed design of the chassis structure.

Exterior Styling:

Morgan’s design team are continually developing the external design of the EvaGT. While the stunning design of the Pebble Beach concept car wowed the crowds, it will need a thorough refresh before vehicle launch. This will guarantee the EvaGT embodies the latest in automotive design.

Safety Systems Development

The initial crash simulation work will also mark the start of the safety system development. Using the crash “pulse” generated in the simulations and initial physical crash test work, the latest Continental safety hardware will be tailored to suit the needs of Morgan.

These exciting developments have led to the previously reported delays in the vehicle launch. We wish to apologise to all customers for this delay and can offer our assurance that the final product will be ground breaking and well worth the wait.

However, if any customer would prefer not to wait and would prefer a model from our current range, do contact our sales office as incentives may be available to EvaGT depositors.

Alternatively, we would be pleased to refund your deposit in full if preferred.

Best Regards,

Mark Ledington

Morgan Motor Company Sales Office

Morgan Motor Company
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Re: Une nouvelle Morgan, l'EvaGT

Message par Corsugone » 16 avr. 2013 21:27

EvaGT, pas avant 2016 : Source concessionnaire Anglais.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.