McLaren MP4-12C

jl32
Membre V8
Membre V8

Re: MP4-12C: une nouvelle McLaren F1 roadcar ?

Message par jl32 » 01 mars 2011 13:15

Tiens c'est marrant, ça nous ramène au prix des voitures en Suisse : en comparant les prix France-Monaco/Suisse et en tenant compte du cours du jour il s'avère que si on achète HT en France-Monaco et qu'on importe en Suisse (TVA+taxe douane) on arrive à une différence (c'est moins cher) de 38 000 fr. pour une MP4-12C sans option :mrgreen:

Ah les suisses !!!

Oui j'ai contacté Mc Laren, fait une configuration :oops: . Finalement ça pourrait être un investissement beaucoup plus fun (carpe diem) que la bourse ou les assurances-vie.
Mon nouvel avatar ressemble à celui de Lapin Agile mais comme cela est fortuit, que ce n'est pas une tentative pour l'imiter, je le conserve for now.

Mouse
F1 Champion

Message par Mouse » 01 mars 2011 14:59

Oh ya bien plus intéressant...
Mouse Family: '59 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint - '63 Porsche 356 C Outlaw - '72 Lancia Fulvia 1.6 HF - '72 Abarth 695 SS - '73 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 reconstruction - '84 Abarth A112 - '98 Lotus Elise S1 - '04 Porsche Cayenne GTS - '06 Mini GP

juliencor
GP2
GP2

Message par juliencor » 03 mars 2011 15:01

Dommage que McLaren soit LE grand absent du salon...
McLaren GT 2020
Mini Cooper S 2016
Mini Countryman Cooper S 2018
Audi SQ7 2017

_nicolas
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : Macan S/Ex-997.1/997.2 S/991.1 S/991.1 C4 GTS

Message par _nicolas » 04 mars 2011 17:03

Oui. Je n'ai pas bien compris là. Après l'annonce du 14 février, ça aurait été pas mal de la montre au public à Genève...
Nicolas

”Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance” - Coco Chanel

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 04 mars 2011 18:27

A Lyon, Ferrari a déjà fait l'impasse sur le salon de l'Auto, pourquoi ? cela ne rapporte rien au revendeur du coin, pas besoin de cette participation pour écouler son stock. J'ai tout entendu "Ils se prennent pour qui, ils ont la grosse tête" évidemment remarques provenant de personnes ayant déjà des difficultés à s'offrir un modèle au 1/18ème. Au final, c'était vrai, à l'époque de Pozzi, D.Marin avait fini par refuser d'y participer, trop cher pour pas grand chose. Je suppute que Mclaren ayant son carnet de commande plein pour 2011/2012 se permet de faire l'impasse cette année arguant qu'il est trop tôt. Rappelez vous le dernier salon de Paris, Mclaren n'était pas présent mais a profité de l'évènement pour convoquer en parallèle la presse un panel de prospects capables de remplir avec leur carnet de chèque autre chose qu'un garage virtuel comme dirait le requin. A coté, Bahar faisait un numéro de claquettes entouré de la moitié des has been d'hollywood vantant les mérites de modèles n'existant pas.

Je vois que jl32 a demandé une configuration, as-t-il eu besoin du salon pour cela ? Non. Après on peut disserter de l'utilité ou non d'un salon de l'auto et de la présence d'un constructeur, vaste de débat, surtout pour une nouvelle marque. Ferrari écoule 355 voitures en Suisse, autant faire plaisir aux clients et éventuels prospects, il y a un vrai business pour cette marque en Suisse. Mclaren sera présent l'année prochaine. Ils n'ont participé à aucun salon majeur cette année. En 2011, je ne serais pas surpris qu'ils fassent un salon en Allemagne, avec l'Angleterre ces deux pays sont les plus gros marchés pour débuter leur business.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 05 mars 2011 13:58

JOHN WATSON DRIVES SILVERSTONE IN THE NEW MCLAREN MP4-12C, THIRTY YEARS AFTER BRITISH GRAND PRIX WIN IN MP4/1

On 4 March 2011, John Watson, former McLaren Formula 1 driver and 1981 British Grand Prix winner in the MP4/1, was invited to Silverstone by McLaren Automotive to drive the new McLaren high-performance sports car, the MP4-12C. The 12C is the first in a new range of carbon-based road cars from McLaren and the first car to feature an innovative one-piece, hollow carbon chassis structure: the MonoCell. The MP4/1, also on display, was the first racing car, and first car of any kind, to feature a carbon chassis.

Watson was joined at Silverstone by former McLaren Technical Director John Barnard, McLaren Automotive Technical Director Dick Glover, and Claudio Santoni Function Group Manager for Body Structures at McLaren Automotive, as McLaren celebrated its role as a carbon pioneer in the automotive industry over the last 30 years.

Arguably the world’s greatest ever sports car, the McLaren F1, featured the world’s first carbon chassis in a road car. This was produced manually and took up to 3,000 hours to complete each unit. The bonded carbon chassis of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, the world’s most commercially successful carbon-based car, reduced that manufacturing time ten-fold. The new carbon manufacturing process developed by McLaren for the 12C will mean the MonoCell can be produced in a four hour cycle.

Pioneering this industrialisation process means McLaren Automotive is making carbon a reality to car enthusiasts seeking the ultimate in lightweight and safe chassis construction at a price point more affordable to a wider market.

The new MP4-12C is the first sub-£200,000 high performance sports car in the world to feature a one-piece carbon chassis. The MonoCell weighs just 75kgs (165lbs), and is a safety cell which, like the MP4/1, is unique in offering an unrivalled package of strength, light weight and the structural integrity and dimensional accuracy to form the bedrock to segment-beating performance.

The MonoCell’s composition and construction process were defined over a three year period as the first, and vital, step in McLaren Automotive’s launch as a fully-fledged sports car company.

Dick Glover, McLaren Automotive’s Technical Director, said: “It was a real privilege to see our past and present coming together over our first and latest carbon chassis. John Watson and John Barnard are great characters from our past, and for many of the current McLaren team to meet them today felt really special. They both highlighted the pioneering spirit that led to the development of MP4/1 and that passion to innovate remains intact at McLaren Automotive: the 12C’s MonoCell is living proof.

Claudio Santoni, Function Group Manager for Body Structures at McLaren Automotive, said: “The MonoCell is extremely light, which helps reduce the 12C’s CO2 emissions to unprecedented levels for high-performance sports cars. It is also incredibly strong and predictable in form and behaviour, providing a great foundation to world-beating performance; acceleration, braking, changes of direction and vehicle stability are all significantly better than on any car with aluminium chassis that I have ever known. This is because, using a carbon composite means we can manufacture the MonoCell with aerospace industry levels of precision, which is fundamental to accurate dynamic suspension geometry control,” Santoni concluded.

On March 5, 1981 McLaren Racing introduced the carbon monocoque to Formula 1 in the McLaren MP4/1: it offered an unbeatable combination of strength and lightness.

It had an immediate dynamic impact, with John Watson winning the 1981 British Grand Prix at Silverstone. It also proved an effective safety cell, with Watson walking away from a dramatic high-speed crash at Monza later that season. Within a few years, every other Formula 1 team on the grid had followed suit, and McLaren’s place as carbon innovators was sealed.

John Watson said: “I’m very proud to have been a part of McLaren launching the first carbon fibre chassis in Formula 1. After that crash in Monza, I was back driving one of our Formula 1 test cars within four days at Donington. Despite the accident appearing horrific to those watching, I was clearly protected by a safety cell of the strength and rigidity the world of Formula 1 had never before seen. I’m sure that because of that innovative technology, I walked away unscathed.

After making his track debut behind the wheel of the 592 bhp, 3.8-litre twin turbo V8 12C, Watson exclaimed: “The MP4-12C is mind-bogglingly quick! It is by far and away the fastest road car I’ve ever driven. Between 80-130 mph it really feels as fast as my old Formula 1 car. I only drive it in Normal mode, so I can’t begin to imagine what it is like in Sport or Track modes!

John Watson took four of his five Grand Prix wins with McLaren: British (1981); Belgian (1982); USA Detroit (1982); USA (West) Long Beach (1983)
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

_nicolas
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : Macan S/Ex-997.1/997.2 S/991.1 S/991.1 C4 GTS

Message par _nicolas » 06 mars 2011 10:25

Corsugone a écrit :Je vois que jl32 a demandé une configuration, as-t-il eu besoin du salon pour cela ? Non.
Oui enfin, ce n'est pas un configurateur qui remplace la découverte "en vrai" d'une voiture, quelle qu'elle soit. De mon côté, et je connais plusieurs qui sont sérieusement intéressés par la McLaren qui pensent pareil, j'aurais aimé vérifier si le design de la voiture est véritablement aussi insipide que sur les photos, et surtout si cet arrière est vraiment aussi moche que ça !
Nicolas

”Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance” - Coco Chanel

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 06 mars 2011 17:51

Frank Stepehenson Discusses the McLaren MP4-12C Design

ZeusRS
F1 Champion
Véhicules : 14' Megane Trophy
03' Clio Ragnotti
11' Elise CR

Message par ZeusRS » 08 mars 2011 01:07

Nico997 a écrit :
Corsugone a écrit :Je vois que jl32 a demandé une configuration, as-t-il eu besoin du salon pour cela ? Non.
Oui enfin, ce n'est pas un configurateur qui remplace la découverte "en vrai" d'une voiture, quelle qu'elle soit. De mon côté, et je connais plusieurs qui sont sérieusement intéressés par la McLaren qui pensent pareil, j'aurais aimé vérifier si le design de la voiture est véritablement aussi insipide que sur les photos, et surtout si cet arrière est vraiment aussi moche que ça !
Ni l'un ni l'autre! :D
-=Black is Right=-

Merci de ne pas m'envoyer de MP, cette fonction m'a été bloquée, je ne peux pas y répondre.

jl32
Membre V8
Membre V8

Message par jl32 » 08 mars 2011 10:28

Analyze this :

L'appréciation ou non des lignes de la MP4 relève certes du goût de chacun. Moi par exemple, le design de la 998 me laisse de marbre et dans le cas de cette dernière, il faut avouer que le même style ressassé à l'infini a de fortes chances de lasser même le porschiste le plus convaincu. J'ai ouï dire que Mc Laren avait récupéré pas mal de clients de cette marque.

Bref concernant mon analyse, il s'avère que, étant encore très jeune, mon père m'emmena voir une course au circuit de Charade, vu qu'on habitait pas loin - d'ailleurs je suis né à deux pas du circuit-. Je ne me souviens plus de la course en question mais par contre, je me souviens parfaitement être tombé en arrêt devant une BB512. Et depuis, ce sont ces beautés qui me plaisent, je veux dire les berlinettes menues à moteur central.
Il doit être possible de demander à Mc Laren de voir un exemplaire à Woking non ?

Mon nouvel avatar ressemble à celui de Lapin Agile mais comme cela est fortuit, que ce n'est pas une tentative pour l'imiter, je le conserve for now.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 08 mars 2011 10:53

J'en doute même si Mclaren propose déjà de récupérer gratuitement sa voiture à l'usine (lu sur autocar.co.uk). Il suffit d'attendre les premières voitures de démonstration en concession ou se faire connaitre de la marque comme client potentiel pour être invité à l'une de leur présentation privée.

J'en connais sur ce forum ayant déjà assis leur auguste séant dans la 12C, les vilains cachotiers ... :mrgreen: (Et en plus ils ont pris des photos ....)

ZeusRS
F1 Champion
Véhicules : 14' Megane Trophy
03' Clio Ragnotti
11' Elise CR

Message par ZeusRS » 08 mars 2011 12:02

Héhé... :mrgreen:
Les photos sont en ligne, mais je ne peux pas dire où... ;)
Même pu appuyer sur le bouton start pour faire vroum vroum... :mrgreen:
Chuis déjà loin! ;)
-=Black is Right=-

Merci de ne pas m'envoyer de MP, cette fonction m'a été bloquée, je ne peux pas y répondre.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 11 mars 2011 18:47

NEW MCLAREN MP4-12C GT3 BREAKS COVER TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE FIRST TESTS

* MIRA and Silverstone in the UK selected for initial McLaren MP4-12C GT3 tests
* Championship-winning racing driver Álvaro Parente joins McLaren GT as test driver

The first McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to be built by McLaren GT - a new company that brings together the expertise of the McLaren Group and CRS Racing - has successfully undertaken its debut tests at the MIRA proving ground facility and Silverstone Circuit in England. McLaren GT has also appointed a new test driver to its team, 26-year-old Portuguese racing driver Álvaro Parente.

The initial shakedown tests undertaken with the 12C GT3, whereby new components are calibrated and bespoke aerodynamic body structures are appraised for the first time, will be followed by comprehensive tests scheduled throughout March and April at a number of FIA* certified circuits across Europe. News on the development programme, full driver line-up and planned competition for the 12C GT3 will be confirmed after these tests are completed.

MP4-12C GT3 development to focus on quality and performance

McLaren GT Project Manager Andrew Kirkaldy and McLaren Automotive Chief Test Driver Chris Goodwin piloted the new 12C GT3 on its first outings. These real-world tests follow months of virtual testing in the McLaren Simulator at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, which is also used to develop the 12C production car and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes’ Formula 1 cars.

Andrew Kirkaldy said: “We have an extensive list of subjective and objective development targets set for the MP4-12C GT3. In the first tests, the car is achieving excellent results in many areas including handling, powertrain and other aspects of dynamic performance.

“The 12C’s carbon chassis and aerodynamic efficiency mean we started with a lightweight, dynamically-optimised sports car. Those characteristics are fundamental to any race car.The car is around 100mm wider than the standard production car and features a new suspension system which we have tested in the McLaren Simulator. Having now experienced this new set-up in the 12C GT3 car, I’m delighted with the progress we are making.

“The McLaren GT team is working with Formula 1 technology suppliers, and several of the senior technical personnel involved in this project have vast experience in Formula 1. This is a unique advantage in developing a GT specification car.

From 2012, McLaren Automotive and CRS Racing will supply and support a limited number of FIA GT3-compliant racing cars based on the McLaren 12C high-performance sports car for privateers.

MP4-12C GT3: Technical specification outline

The 12C GT3 race car is based on a standard 12C. Developing the race car has required a team of engineers, technicians and test drivers from McLaren Group and CRS Racing to focus on several fundamental components.

The 12C GT3 is based on the McLaren carbon MonoCell chassis, which weighs just 75kg and is produced in a revolutionary one-piece mould. Race specification composite body panels and a fixed rear wing have been added to the GT3 car.

The same 3.8-litre twin turbo V8 as in the production car on which it is based will be used in the 12C GT3, tuned to race specification. A bespoke paddle-shift system operating an all-new Ricardo-designed gearbox developed specifically for racing will be fitted. This system eschews the 7-speed SSG dual-clutch Graziano transmission supplied in the standard 12C.

New electrical architecture is being supplied by McLaren Electronic Systems Limited, including electronic dash and data technologies. Bosch Motorsport will supply a new ABS system for the 12C GT3. A new aerodynamics package has been developed by McLaren Racing in compliance with GT3 regulations, incorporating a new front splitter, door blade, rear wing, diffuser and louvres in the front fenders.

The new GT3 car will feature motorsport-specific braking and suspension components. These include bespoke callipers by Akebono, Official Supplier to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. Due to regulations imposed by racing authorities, the 12C GT3 will not feature the road-going 12C’s ProActive Chassis Control System; negating the requirement for an anti-roll bar. Instead, the 12C GT3 will use a configuration comprising race-specific roll bars and dampers.

McLaren Automotive Chief Test Driver Chris Goodwin said: “Those who have seen the new MP4-12C production car won’t be surprised to learn that immense attention to detail has been applied in developing the GT3 version. Quality is a watchword. We know that our potential customers will expect McLaren GT to deliver a competitive car right out of the box and, starting now with a programme covering aerodynamics development and durability testing, we are determined to do just that.

“The McLaren GT team is committed to achieving unprecedented levels of performance, also guaranteeing the levels of quality, reliability and durability with which we expect to delight future race teams entering competitions with the 12C GT3.

Álvaro Parente signs for McLaren GT

Álvaro Parente, a 26-year old racing driver from Portugal, is today announced as the first new professional racing driver to join the McLaren GT race team. McLaren GT Project Manager Andrew Kirkaldy and McLaren Automotive Chief Test Driver Chris Goodwin are leading the development of the 12C GT3, and in total six test drivers will be in the team by the middle of 2011.

Álvaro Parente said: “It is a great honour to be selected to drive with the McLaren GT team. Since receiving an invitation to join the team by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh, I have been made to feel like an important part of the team and I hope to give valuable feedback in developing the car. I have always dreamt of racing a McLaren!

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 14 mars 2011 19:20

EVO au shakedown de la 12C GT3

Mouse
F1 Champion

Message par Mouse » 14 mars 2011 19:53

Corsugone a écrit :
Superbe! 8)
Mouse Family: '59 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint - '63 Porsche 356 C Outlaw - '72 Lancia Fulvia 1.6 HF - '72 Abarth 695 SS - '73 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 reconstruction - '84 Abarth A112 - '98 Lotus Elise S1 - '04 Porsche Cayenne GTS - '06 Mini GP