Morgan LifeCar

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Morgan LifeCar

Message par Corsugone » 21 mai 2010 19:27

J'ouvre un topic sur ce superbe concept car dont Morgan a décidé la mise en production ce mois.

LifeCar 1

Morgan Life Car, prototype à pile à combustible. Nous sommes en présence d'une quatre roues motrices et non d'une propulsion. chaque roue est actionnée par un moteur électrique.

Interview du "gamin" ayant dessiné ce bijou, Matthew Humphries.

LifeCar 2

Following on from the rapturous response that LIFECar received, Morgan Motor Company has decided to take LIFECar from a prototype, to a fully fledged production vehicle. There have been some changes to the original brief, making the car more practical, while retaining the revolutionary features that made LIFECar unique.

In the place of the original hydrogen fuel cell is a super-efficient, series hybrid drivetrain, developed using some of the countries best universities, making use of the wealth of knowledge in their research departments. The drivetrain will power a vehicle that epitomises Morgan core value of innovation. The use of sustainable lightweight materials will ensure that not only is the vehicle fuel efficient with a low carbon output, but that at the end of its very long life, it will be easily recyclable.

Some key figures for the LIFECar 2 are:

* 1000 mile range
* Ultra lightweight (sub 800kg)
* 15 mile EV range
* 0-60mph in 7 seconds
* ~£40,000 Price

Universities involved with LIFECar2 are:

* Birmingham City University
* Oxford University
* Cranfield University

Dernière édition par Corsugone le 22 mai 2010 09:11, édité 2 fois.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

pierre
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : ..

Message par pierre » 21 mai 2010 23:29

Suis-je le seul à trouver ce truc super-moche?

David
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : Tesla Model Y Performance, Fiat 500e Cabrio

Message par David » 21 mai 2010 23:34

pierre a écrit :Suis-je le seul à trouver ce truc super-moche?
Non ! :wink:

ToTheEnd
GP2
GP2
Véhicules : Porsche 911c4s / Ducati 1098s

Message par ToTheEnd » 22 mai 2010 10:10

Ce truc serait parfait dans un prochain Batman ou Dark City... heureusement, je serai mort depuis longtemps quand on sera dans ce type d'époque avec ce genre de caisse.

T

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 22 mai 2010 11:05

Ah oui, là, c'est certain, nous sommes en plein Dark City ou autre joyeuseté du même genre :lol:

Tiens, j'ai même trouvé les "vilains"

"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 23 mai 2010 17:15

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 07 oct. 2010 16:18

Si j'en crois cet article la LifeCar serait produite dés 2012 équipée d'une toute nouvelle génération de moteur électrique YASA

Yasa is itself involved in the production of motors for the Morgan Life Car, a zero- emissions electric vehicle due to go on sale in 2012. It features a small battery while super-capacitors capture braking energy.

Dans un autre article, concernant ce moteur, il est écrit :

Their product an award-winning axial flux electric motor which features a yokeless and segmented armature (YASA), originally created for the Morgan LIFEcar, has since undergone significant development and has been used in several other programs such as the Delta Motorsport E-4, Westfield's iRacer and Electroengine's ZE Saab 9-3 and Saab 9-3 ePower.

OxfordYasaMotors

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Re: Morgan LifeCar

Message par Corsugone » 26 févr. 2011 10:57

Discours très intéressant de Charles Morgan au 10 Downing Street (A priori, reprise de celui fait à l'université de Birmingham). Cela change des âneries de Goshn, Marchionne & Consorts. On peut toujours me répliquer que les tailles des boites ne sont pas les mêmes, il n'empêche, on ne peut qu'adhérer. Surpris que par son parcours ce type ne soit pas encore anobli par la reine.

Along with 15 executive directors of small to medium sized businesses Charles Morgan was proud to be invited to Number 10 Downing Street to meet David Cameron, George Osborne and Mark Prisk.
The coalition government are keen to find out which policies will encourage stability and growth in this important sector of the UK economy.

Il en profite pour annoncer :

I would confirm that Morgan is 100% behind LIFECar 2 and the team responsible for realising a new concept for range extended electric passenger cars in 2012.

Petit bonus ...

machcash
Karting

Re: Morgan LifeCar

Message par machcash » 04 juin 2011 17:28

C'est vrai que ils auraient pus faire un peu plus jolie..